An awards dinner is held annually by ACT Health at the Rydges Lakeside, to celebrate the outstanding contribution nurses and midwives make to the ACT community and their profession. Specificaly it also acknowledges the efforts of a select few individuals and teams who scoop the top honours of the night.
- Nurse of the Year was awarded to Margaret Flaherty from Cardiac Rehabilitation, Canberra Hospital and Health Services
- Midwife of the Year was awarded to Elizabeth Bishop from Calvary Health Care ACT
- Assistant in Nursing of the Year:- Doris Mutie from Morshead Home
- Enrolled Nurse of the Year:- Leanne Lupton from Ward 10A Canberra Hospital and Health Services
- Primary Health Care Nurse of the Year:- Maree Brown, Asthma Educator, Child & Youth Services, Canberra Hospital and Health Services
- Graduate Nurse/Midwife of the Year:- Rosemary Rummery from Hospital in the Home, Canberra Hospital and Health Services
- Team of the Year :- Chronic Care Program, Canberra Hospital & Health Services
- Directorate Director-General’s Encouragement Award:- Timothy Bool, from Hospital in the Home, Canberra Hospital and Health Services
The ACT ANF congratulates all the winners of the 2012 Nursing and Midwifery Awards, and thanks all nurses, midwives, EENs, ENs, AIN’s and carers in the ACT for their tireless, amazing work.